I have to admit, I am a little obsessed lately with looking at all of these adorable crafting blogs. I have all of these "ideas" of things to make for Hattie (rosette flower pieces, headbands, onesies) but in reality, I don't know how to sew or use the sewing machine and sadly these "ideas" are not that much of a reality for me. I have always always loved crafts. It was my favorite part at Happy Days, (a mothers day out program at my church when I was little) VBS, sunday school, elementary school, camps, retreats, etc.... BUT the reason I loved this so much was because I had someone there telling me what to do step by step.
Now, as an adult I don't have a camp or VBS that I can go to and make a fun craft. I am supposed to look online at all of these cute blogs and websites and follow their tutorials......hmm.....I only read the tuturiols and already gave up because I got lost just reading them..... sad, I know.
I have wanted to get some fabric balls for Hattie to play with to enhance her sensory motor development and hand eye cooridination. We tried to order some at Lakeshore learning over Christmas but they were sold out. I came across this blog called the purlbee, this lady is very seasoned and her blog should come with a warning sign "not for newbies or people who DON'T know how to sew". She has a tutorial on how to make these fabric balls. Anyone want to take a crack at reading the tutorial and coming over to give me step by step instructions like my nice little teachers and counselors used to???
http://www.purlbee.com/fabric-beach-balls/

Sara, I haven't ever made a fabric ball, but rosette flower pieces-I've got you covered. In fact...Hattie has a present coming her way Sunday! I did follow tutorials for my rosettes & it is sew free but the first time was very frustrating. I have confidence in your crafting! I'm not an excellent seamstress but it runs in my family and I grew up around it nonstop. Kelli is awesome with sewing- I need her to teach me some things myself.
ReplyDeleteThanks april, you're too sweet. Hattie has more handmade presents from you than anyone else! I like that more people are getting into handmade gifts, it makes them so much more special and it has a story along with it to tell someday.
ReplyDelete