Need a better Daily Schedule.

Lately I have been thinking about everything I want to do, or wish I could do. I listen and read about these young women and mommas who make crafts, cook wonderful meals, keep their house so clean you could eat off the floor (done that before), read novels....and so on. That seriously blows my mind. I am starting to realize that I, 1. Love, Enjoy and Need my sleep and 2. I must be a lazy person.

When do these ladies sleep??? What does their daily schedule look like? It has to be insanely jam packed, but are they complaining? or tired? Nope, they love it and do everything with a smile on their face.

Well, here is what my daily schedule looks like and please feel free to let me know how lazy, and in need of some oomph it is.

5:30-6:30 Hattie will most likely wake up and start chatting away in her crib, she never wakes up crying (thank the Lord!) I roll over, turn OFF the non stop chatter in the monitor, set my alarm for 6:45 and roll back over to sleep.

7:00 Get Hattie our of her crib (i will NOT go in there earlier than 7, but she hasn't gotten this memo and still tends to rise and shine around 5:45)  I feed her a bottle, then we snuggle and play together in the chair for about 20 minutes, it is one of my favorite times because she still cuddles with me.

7:00-9:30 Hattie plays in the floor and I literally SIT and watch/play with her. I know I should get up and maybe throw a load of laundry in, or clean up the awfully messy kitchen from the night before (don't judge...)
but I don't do any of those things ("sigh")

The rest of my day goes on like that, feed Hattie, watch and play with her in the living room, she naps and I try and steal a few minutes of "mommy time" (blogs, facebook, news, reading) nothing of real production....

Then here is the real kicker for ya... I make dinner around 5:30 or 6:00 . Put Hattie to bed around this time (I've tried to put her down later, but she will not let me). Eat dinner with Jason while watching some T.V. Look up at the clock, note that it is 7:45 or 8:00 and either Jason or I will look at one another and say "Ready for Bed???" ummm....YES! That's right, I go to sleep at 8:00.. I know the evening time when your little one is in bed in the optimal time to get things done, and this is probably when all of the other super mommies are doing their things, but I just really want to go to bed (from my exhausting busy day....haha).

My goal is to try and do better keeping up with the laundry and house cleaning. My house is not a pig sty, but I don't have a set day or schedule of cleaning and it just tends to get done when it gets done....

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sara, you are not alone! My schedule looks like yours, except I refuse to get out of bed until 7:25 (The last possible minute until I have to get the kids up to get ready for school.) The only difference in our schedules is we spend alot of time in the car taking kids to school and picking them up! I don't have a set time for chores, I usually clean up the kitchen while I am fixing dinner, since I have to be in the kitchen anyway! I do maybe 1 load of laundry a day and it will stay in the dryer until the next day, and in hampers for days! I'm just glad to know that I am not the only one who will leave dirty dishes in the sink and go to bed instead of cleaning! I enjoy the time I have alone with my husband and will not give it up to clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i gave up on trying to do stuff like cleaning, it gets done eventually but i would rather spend time with ryan snuggling on the couch watching a disney movie or reading a book with him. so goes life in my house, the only difference is he goes to bed at 8 and i spend my time crafting or reading till 11

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure Hattie (and you)will remember all the times you chose spending with her over housework and crafts, you are doing an excellent job. Jeremy and I, unfortunately, are a tad bit crazy about keeping a clean house-we will see how this goes when we do have kids. Hopefully, I can sacrifice the way "I" like my house, and the things "I" like to do in order to give every minute I can to the children that God entrusts us with. I don't remember how clean my grandma's house was as a kid, I do remember the endless hours playing puzzles and games while just enjoying each others company.Now that she is gone, those memories have become oh so valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lady, I think your daily schedule seems beautiful. I love that you spend so much one on one time with your daughter and focus on her. I think at this age it is important to give her that trusting base psychologists always talk about. And it is important for you to know how important your job is as her mom. And to enjoy her as much as you can at this point- life will just get busier and crazier. You will never regret not having the dishes done, but you would probably regret not spending time with sweet H to do those things.
    Your life sounds lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers