New to Blogging

I have never blogged before, but I read other people's. I think I was afraid to blog because one of my least favorite things in high school was grammar and it still is for that matter. I was always getting papers back that looked like they were bleeding because of all of the improper usage of apostrophes and commas....blah blah blah...so naturally I am afraid of people reading this and saying "she's a teacher and she dosen't have very good grammar??" well let me set the record straight: I am a kindergarten teacher, and I am publicly confessing that I do not believe in grammar...I just want to write, so if you can read what I say, then it's all good!!

I thought I would get into this blogging thing because I feel like I have a lot to say, and being home with an 8 month old all day and not being able to afford to drive and go anywhere...I don't say much. I also feel like this will be somewhat therapeutic, I am quiet and shy and usually don't say a lot. I told myself that this year I would try to be more outspken, for some reason I had this idea that my thougts and opinions on certain things were "wrong" or I would fee like I didn't have enought information to form an opionion on something so I just would refrain from chiming in on conversations. I don't want Hattie to grow up with this idea that her thoughts are wrong, I want her to feel like she has a voice and that it is strong and important. Well, if I am going to be a good momma then I need to practice what I preach. So here it goes, the beginning of my "voice".  I am not into politics or the lastest things, so this blog is definitely not something to be taken seriously, it is more for me than other people, and I'm not even sure who will care to even read this.

I think blogging is good for mommas. I am constantly wondering what other moms are doing for activities, food, sleeping, and all of the other day to day workings of a babies life. My blogs will mostly be about our day to day happenings, that is if I can find time to do this like I hope I will .

3 comments:

  1. Sara! This blog is so cute!! I am so excited you are blogging! It is so fun! :)
    And I think you will have a lot of wonderful things to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara!Cute blog! I can't wait to read your blogs and get updates on Hattie. Your voice matters to me and so do you, and I promise not to look at your grammar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, Yeah! I am glad that you have a blog! I read the other day on a blog was she wrote about moments instead of events, it was easier for her to write about what a special thing her child did everyday instead of trying to blog every single detail about christmas. It's true! I look foreward to reading what comes next!! oh and i suck at grammer to and captilization i hate it, sometimes i do it sometimes i dont :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers