After watching an episode of "Extreme Couponing" ( ridiculous, I know...) it got me thinking about how much more of an effort I could put into our meal planning and grocery budget. I started looking up resources and there are a few good tips that I started using and will hopefuly see benefits soon!
- Plan out a weekly menu for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner.
- Shop in the fridge, freezer and pantry first to see what you have on hand
- Find coupons in circulars, online coupon websites, maufacturer websites, and by asking around
- Take some time to thoroughly compare grocery ads and sales with the coupons avalible (I found that Reasors has 1 box of Cherrios on sale this week for $2, Wal -Mart has 1 box on sale for $3)
- Use tools to help you - printable menu guides, grocery lists, and menu planning websites
http://www.moneysavingmom.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment